Blogger is a popular and easy-to-use content management system. When someone decides to establish a blog, Blogger is likely to be the first option among the several free blogging platforms.
Then you’ll require the appropriate equipment. WordPress is the way to go if you want your blog to look professional. Now you have made your decision, follow this guideline to migrate from Blogpost to WordPress:
a. Choosing the Best Web Hosting Platform and the Domain Name
To begin, you are going to require your hosting and domain. Try to choose a host from our list of recommended WordPress hosting companies. You can also buy your domain at the same time as your hosting.
The hosting bundle you select will be determined by your website’s requirements.
b. Installation of the WordPress Site
Depending on your web host platform, you may either pre-install WordPress when you check out or use a tool to install WordPress with a single click. Dreamhost, for example, allows you to install WordPress with a single click.
c. Customization of the Website Platform
You can also choose to modify your site with different plugins at this time. To get started, read our article on how to install WordPress plugins. To begin, we suggest that you:
- Akismet, for example, is a spam comment filter.
- A plugin for backups
- a plugin for security
d. Exporting the Content from the WordPress Website
Now that the new WordPress site is up and running, it’s time to import your Blogspot material. Here’s how to do it:
- First of all, sign in to your Blogger.com account.
- Then, go to the right drop-down menu for selecting the name of blog and selected settings.
- Go to the “Other” at the bottom of the left-hand menu and click it. Now, you should go to the “Export Blog” link under “Blog Tools”:
- Click “Download Blog” in the pop-up box, and save the XML file that appears:
e. Importing Data from Your Website to WordPress
Now, you should return to the dashboard of your WordPress site to import your content.
- Click Tools > Import 2 in the left-hand menu. Click the first option, “Blogger,” at the top of the page
- Now go ahead and click the “Activate Plugin & Run Importer” button.
- Then, on the blue “Upload file and import” button, select the file you want to import.
- You must now select the author of the imported posts.
You can view all the imported files on your website in the left-hand menu.
This is how you can import the data from the Blogpost to WordPress.Com without any difficulty.